Early Bird Re-Registration for 2018-2019 is April 1-30, 2018
WHICH G.I.R.L. WILL I BE?
Got your MyGS password handy? Have you chatted with your parents to know which girls are returning next year? YES?! Great…then your troop can re-register TODAY for the next Girl Scout year, earn some great rewards AND get the chance to win fabulous prizes!
Who can participate in Early Bird Re-Registration?
Everyone who registered by MARCH 31 is eligible to participate in Early Bird re-registration. The annual registration fee for the 2018 – 2019 membership year, October 1 – September 30, is $40 for girls and $25 for adults.
- All individually registered girls and troops must submit their online re-registration with payment by 11:59 p.m. on April 30 to be considered an Early Bird.
- Troops must re-register 80% of their currently registered girls AND two Leaders to be eligible for the 2018-2019 Early Bird troop incentives and prize drawings.
- Can’t remember your MyGS login? That’s ok…just email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member support specialist will follow up with you!
Keep in mind, Early Bird ends April 30 at 11:59 p.m.! In order to be eligible for the troop incentives and to receive any additional prizes in our Early Bird drawings your troop must meet the eligibility criteria of re-registering 80% of the troop’s currently registered girls AND two Leaders by April 30. So don’t delay… register today!
All participating Troops who re-register 80% of eligible girls and two Leaders, within the Early Bird period (April 1 to April 30 at 11:59 p.m.), will earn:
- $.03 additional proceeds on each box of cookies sold in the 2019 sale.
- All girls who are re-registered during Early Bird will receive the exclusive Early Bird patch!
- And they’re invited to participate in our Early Bird Hatch Patch contest! (More on that below!)
- Everyone (girls and adults) who registers for Early Bird will receive complimentary admission to GSSEF’s G.I.R.L.s of Summer event at Roger Dean Stadium on Saturday, June 9.
- This fun-filled day includes Girl Scout programs and badge earning opportunities, a Palm Beach Cardinals baseball game, a Halfway to Halloween Costume Party and Helicopter Candy Drop. Early Birds will register for the event on the GSSEF Activities calendar and be given a special coupon code to use at checkout.
Plus, each Wednesday during Early Bird, at 12:00 p.m. on Facebook LIVE, we’ll be drawing for one of the following fabulous G.I.R.L. prizes:
- G – Go-getter: Double Proceeds on Fall Product: All troops who meet the Early Bird eligibility requirements by 11:59 p.m. on April 30 (80% of girls in troop and two Leaders registered) will be entered to win DOUBLE proceeds on all Fall Product items sold by the troop. AND we’ll hold a second chance drawing at the end of the Fall Product Sale where we will draw one additional troop winner from the pool of Early Bird troops who met the Early Bird eligibility requirements and they too will get DOUBLE their proceeds on all Fall Product items sold by the troop.
- I – Innovator: Mall Madness Pre-VIP Access: Entire troop (and adults) receives FREE admission to Mall Madness 2019 with Pre-VIP access and a $250 Mall Gift Card.
- R – Risk-taker: Sleep Under the Stars: Entire troop receives a FREE 2 night trip to the GSSEF camp property of their choice (Nocatee or Welaka), priority date selection, and a $250 gift card to Bass Pro Shop for camp gear.
- L – Leader: Power Lunch with the CEO: Entire troop (and adults) receives FREE lunch with GSSEF CEO, Lisa Johnson, at a restaurant of their choice – and some sweet Girl Scout swag!
**Weekly Drawing prizes fine print:
- Winning troops must meet Early Bird registration eligibility criteria by April 30, 2018, or will forfeit their prize.
- Prizes are presented at the Council’s discretion and all decisions made are final.
- Troop and volunteers must be in good standing and may not have any outstanding policy violations in order to receive an Early Bird prize.
On Wednesday, May 9 we will draw for multiple troops to receive a Win-vitation to an exclusive preview party for our new Welaka Wibit!
- What’s a Wibit, you ask? Is it a playground? Is it an obstacle course? Is it the newest, coolest Girl Scout activity at Camp Welaka? The short answer is YES! No matter how you describe it, a Wibit may be the most fun you can have on the water. And we’re installing one at Camp Welaka!
- Our Welaka Wibit will debut this summer in a NEW girl program – Welaka Water Wars scheduled for June 2! But, a few lucky Early Birds will have a chance to see it first!
- A Welaka Wibit Win-vitation is the lucky slippery ticket that will let your troop slip, slide and splash around on our Welaka Wibit at a Private Preview Party on May 19 before anyone else!
- In addition to Wibit time, girls will enjoy water-related camp activities like canoeing, as well as lunch and popsicles (yay!) at the Preview Party.
- We will draw troops from each grade level until the Preview Party reaches capacity.
- The Wibit has multiple components… some designed for younger girls, others are more challenging and designed for older girls.
**The wee Wibit print:
- The Win-vitation has no cash value and may not be traded in for another program; it is valid only for the exclusive Preview Party.
- Win-vitations are not transferable to another troop. If a Win-vitation winning troop does not want to attend the exclusive Preview Party we will draw for another troop from the same grade level to attend in their place.
All girls who are re-registered during Early Bird are invited to participate in our Hatch Patch contest! We want to know… which G.I.R.L. will they be?
- Using the G.I.R.L. descriptions, girls can design a patch about who they are or who they aspire to be. Are they a G. an I. an R. or an L. or a combination of two or more?
- Patch designs must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 31, 2018, per the instructions on the Early Bird Hatch Patch Contest form.
- The winning design will be revealed on Wednesday, June 13th LIVE at 12:00 p.m. on GSSEF’s Facebook page.
Early Bird girls who submit a photo of themselves in action being a G.I.R.L. Scout will receive the winning girl-designed Hatch Patch FREE!
- Photos must include the girl’s name and address (for patch mailing purposes), troop leader name, troop number and brief description of the scene in the photo.
- Photos may be submitted until September 30, 2019 to email@example.com.
- We will send the Hatch Patch entry form and coupon code for the G.I.R.L.s of Summer event to all eligible recipients once Early Bird closes.
Need help with re-registration, your MyGS community information or assistance with a background check? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member support specialist will follow up with you!