Emerald Award Nominations
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida is now accepting nominations for honorees at the Emerald Awards on February 24, 2018 at The Beach Club in Palm Beach.
The Emerald Award honors women in Palm Beach County who exemplify leadership in one of the national Girl Scout initiatives and serve as role models for today’s girls. These women embody the characteristics of today’s G.I.R.L. – Go Getter, Innovator, Risk Taker, and Leader. In addition, a Lifetime Achievement Award for Philanthropy and a Young Philanthropist Award will be given to two women for their generous support of programs that contribute to the well-being of our community.
- Entrepreneurship and Financial Literacy
- Healthy Living and Life Skills
- Outdoor and Environmental Leadership
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Who can be nominated?
- Nominee must have lived and/or worked in Palm Beach County for at least 3 years
- Nominee must have made a major contribution, or a significant difference, in one of the National Initiatives or Philanthropy
- Nominee cannot be a current board member of Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida
How to nominate an extraordinary woman in your community
The nomination deadline is Thursday, November 2, 2017.
How does the nomination process work?
- Nominations must be approved by nominee prior to submission.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Incomplete nominations will not be reviewed or returned.
- An anonymous panel will review the nominations and choose the award recipients. The decision of the selection panel is final.
Selected nominees will be asked to provide a 100-word bio and a professional headshot by Friday, January 19, 2018.
When will recipients of the Emerald Awards be notified and honored?
The recipients will be notified in December of 2017 and will be honored at the Emerald Awards on Saturday, February 24, 2018 at The Beach Club in Palm Beach. Honorees must be available to attend.
Questions? Contact Mandy Winkle at email@example.com or 561-427-0190.