Becoming a Leader
As a Girl Scout Leader you:
• Accept the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
• Understand the Three Keys to Leadership that are the basis of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience: Discover, Connect, and Take Action.
• Share your knowledge, experience and skills with a positive and flexible approach. Maintain a close connection to your volunteer support team.
• Organize fun, interactive, girl-led activities that address relevant issues and match girls’ interests and needs, facilitating a safe experience for every girl. You’ll also partner with other volunteers and Council staff for support and guidance.
• Provide guidance and communicate information regarding Girl Scout group meetings with girls’ parents or guardians on a regular and ongoing basis through a variety of communication tools of your choice.
• Process and complete registration forms and other paperwork, such as permission slips. Oversee with honesty, integrity, and careful record-keeping the funds that girls raise.
• Communicate effectively and deliver clear, organized and vibrant presentations or information to an individual or the group.
It’s no small undertaking… but the benefits are tremendous! If you’re ready, click here to begin the volunteer application process.