Nominations for National Delegates
The deadline to submit a nomination has been extended to 12 pm on Thursday, January 9, 2014.
Every three years the members of the corporation of Girl Scouts of the USA gather at a central location to conduct the business of the National Council. Each Girl Scout Council according to the Constitution of Girl Scouts of the USA, as defined in the Blue Book of Basic Documents, elects Delegates from the Council to the National Council Session. Nominations are now being accepted for Council Delegates to the National Council Session to be held October 16-19, 2014 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Applications must be returned to the council by 12 pm on January 9, 2014. If you have any questions, please contact Denise Valz, at (561) 427-0177 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Delegate Nomination Criteria and Information
Delegate Nomination Applications
GSSEF will pay for (or supply) the following:
• Registration fees for the GSUSA National Council Session and Convention (Official Credentials to enter the event)
• Hotel/lodging expenses for 3 nights in Salt Lake City, Utah, based on double occupancy (October 16, 17 and 18)*
• One official GSSEF National Delegate Polo Shirt (navy blue)
*Number of hotel stay nights may vary for traveling girl members to potentially include October 15, as a result of the scheduling of the National Girl Congress. For girl members, the cost of this hotel night will be covered by GSSEF. Information regarding Girl Congress is forthcoming.
Elected National Delegates will be required to buy/supply the following:
• Travel expenses (air and ground) to/from Salt Lake City, Utah **
• Daily meals
• Registration/entry fees for any optional special events, dinners, tours or workshops (etc) held in as part of the Convention
**Elected National Delegates are required to check-in no later than 1:00 pm on October 16, on sight, at the designated hotel
** Elected National Delegates are required to attend the Closing Ceremony on Sunday, October 18. Time is forthcoming.
** Elected National Delegates (Adults) are responsible for booking their own individual travel arrangements.
** Elected National Delegates (Girls Only) are NOT responsible for booking their own individual travel arrangements. Girls will travel as a one group with an adult chaperone.