Girl Scout volunteers truly do make a difference in the lives of girls.
Becoming a volunteer – step by step
Thank you for your interest in Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida! What can you do to make a positive contribution in the lives of girls that still fits into your busy life? Become a Girl Scout Volunteer! Girl Scouts exist for girls, but it exists because of volunteers. By giving your time and sharing your skills with our girls, you can make it possible for them to become girls of courage, confidence and character.
There are now several flexible ways for adults like you to get involved by simply matching your expertise, skills, interests, and life experience to the volunteer opportunities available at our Council. Please take a moment to view our Volunteer Position Descriptions and see what might be right for you.
The following steps must be completed by each adult before being appointed to a Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida volunteer position:
- Register as an Adult Girl Scout: register online here.
- Complete and submit a Volunteer Application and Background Check Form here.
- Complete Girl Scouting 101, access this online training module here: Password:aboutGS101.
- Attend Volunteer Essentials Training within 60 days of appointment: click here to learn more about our Council’s training for volunteers and to register online for this training.
- Attend Troop Essentials Grade Level Training (for Troop pathway volunteers) within 60 days of appointment: click here to learn more about our Council’s training for volunteers and to register online for this training.
If you have more questions, please email the Volunteerism department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Position Descriptions
Area Volunteer Position Descriptions 2012 – 2013
Council Volunteer Position Descriptions 2012 – 2013
Service Unit Volunteer Position Descriptions 2012 – 2013
Cookie Sales SUPSM
Fall Product Sales SUPSM
Troop Volunteer Position Descriptions 2012 – 2013