Become an eco explorer as you get hands-on experience with environmental issues and help make positive changes to the environment.
WHAT THEY'LL LEARN:
When girls have earned this badge, they’ll have researched different environmental issues and taken at least one trip to see how an area is impacted.
1. Meet an eco explorer
2. Explore biodiversity
3. Investigate a global ecosystem issue
4. Plan a trip to explore and work on an issue
5. Share what you learned
PLAN YOUR MEETING:
- Video demonstration: Watch Step 3 of this badge.
- National Service Project: Citizen Science
- Leading an engaging Senior meeting: Recommendations for facilitating group conversations, handling supplies, and organizing your meeting
- Digital ice breakers and games
- Suggested virtual meeting plan (PDF)
- Step-by-step planner: Sign-in to the Volunteer Toolkit to find instructions for meeting 1 and meeting 2 of this badge including, materials lists, scripts, meeting aids, and more.
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida has made it easy to earn badges right from the comfort and safety of your house with our Girl Scouts @ Home program. Our program experts have created grade level specific Badge Blueprints which include all of the information you and your Girl Scout need to earn a badge at home! All of the steps to earning the Badge are listed, as well as the materials you will need.