Thank you to all who attended the 6th Annual Emerald Awards hosted on February 23, 2019, at the Beach Club, Palm Beach. With 190 guests, the evening was a celebration of six amazing Palm Beach County women who embody leadership and serve as role models for young women in our community.
Congratulations to our honorees:
- Pamela M. Rauch: Go-Getter Award
- Tara McCoy : Innovator Award
- Lisa Interlandi: Risk-Taker Award
- Ava L. Parker, J.D. : Leader Award
In addition, Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida honored Dari Bowman with the Lifetime Achievement Award for Philanthropy and Valerie Fiordilino Maslow, PA-C with the Young Philanthropist Award. These special recognitions honor their extensive philanthropic efforts throughout our community.
Featured from left: 2019 Emerald Awards Honorees Tara McCoy, Lisa Interlandi, Dari Bowman, Valerie Fiordilino Maslow PA-C, Ava L.Parker J.D., and Pamela M. Rauch.
Each of the six honorees embodies the characteristics of a G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, and Leader)TM, and join GSSEF in the mission to give girls the vision and voice to command their future, engage their communities, and inspire others.
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida raised over $135,000 which will be reinvested into programs that develop leadership and skills that will build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. Many of the generous donors funded equipment and projects that will enhance the outdoor experiences for Girl Scouts in our area.
The Emerald Award Honorary Event Chairs were Suzi Goldsmith, Donna Mulholland, Lois Pope, Judi Richards (in memoriam), and Julie Rudolph. Our Host Committee included Sarah Emmett, Terry Gearing, Sarah Kudisch, Amber O’Sullivan, Virginia Spencer, MaryAnn Stetson and Ofelia Utset. Our Event Chair was Tami Donnally.
GSSEF would like to thank our generous sponsors of this event:
- Major Sponsors: Champion Solutions Group, Duffy’s Foundation, Publix Super Markets Charities
- Silent Auction Sponsor: Donna Mulholland
- Award Sponsors: Lois Pope (Go-Getter Award), Florida Power & Light (Innovator Award), Greenspoon Marder, LLP (Risk-Taker Award), UBS Financial Services (Leader Award)
- Steward Sponsors: Good Samaritan Medical Center, La Croix Sparkling Water, Inc., PNC
- Patron Sponsors: Carpenter Contractors of America, Greenacres Christian Academy, Illustrated Properties Charities, Inc., The Law Offices of David Ben Israel, Inc., Linda Strutt Consulting, Inc., Palm Beach Outlets, Judi and Jay Richards, Seacoast Bank, Virginia and Perry Spencer