Juniors will learn more about how their government works—from their own town or city to the whole country.
When girls have earned this badge, they’ll know more about local and state government, as well as the three branches of the federal government.
1. Find out about local government
2. Find out about state government
3. Find out about our country’s legislative branch
4. Find out about our country’s executive branch
5. Find out about our country’s judicial branch
PLAN YOUR MEETING:
- Video demonstration: Watch a volunteer lead Step 4 of this badge.
- Leading an engaging Junior meeting: Recommendations for facilitating group conversations, handling supplies, and organizing your meeting
- Digital ice breakers and games
- Virtual meeting agenda (PDF): Use this resource to help you adapt the meeting plans found in the Volunteer Toolkit
- Step-by-step planner: Sign in to the Volunteer Toolkit to find instructions for meeting 1 and meeting 2 of this badge, including materials lists, scripts, meeting aids, and more.
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida has made it easy to earn badges right from the comfort and safety of your house with our Girl Scouts @ Home program. Our program experts have created grade level specific Badge Blueprints which include all of the information you and your Girl Scout need to earn a badge at home! All of the steps to earning the Badge are listed, as well as the materials you will need.
Here is the Democracy Badge Blueprint. HAVE FUN!